Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Yours, Mine, and Ours

I come from a "yours, mine, and ours" family. Both my mother and my father were married, and had children from those marriages, prior to marrying each other. This can lead to interesting family relationships. For example, most of my nieces and nephews are fairly close to me in age; in fact, my eldest nephew is two years older than my youngest sister, his aunt. Let's not pursue this line of thinking!

To help family members who are reading my blog (and for others who may just be curious), I have created Ahnentafel charts for both parents and added them as pages here on my blog. You can reach the pages by clicking on the links at the top of the right hand column. So if you want to know whether a particular individual is your ancestor, as well as mine, you can go to the appropriate page and use the "find" feature to see if that person is listed.

Some disclaimers are in order. Much of the information in my family tree database was acquired when I was a "baby" genealogist so I have not proven all of the relationships, particularly those reaching back into the dark ages of history! I am in a continuous process of verifying information; I imagine it will last for the rest of my life.

And I did not include source citations on these pages, mostly because they take a lot of space and my family members won't read them. Although I now religiously record the source of every bit of information, it was not always so.

Oh, and by the way, "Ahnentafel" is a German word for ancestor!

© 2011 Denise Spurlock

No comments:

Post a Comment