Thursday, August 25, 2011

Treasure Chest Thursday - Post 3 - My First Family Tree

Digital image created 2011.
Source: Baby book, Denise Spurlock, privately held by
Denise Spurlock [ADDRESS WITHHELD FOR PRIVACY].

When Mama was pregnant with me, her friends from work gave her a baby shower. One of the gifts she received was a baby book. She was dutiful in filling out all the information in it until I was about 5 years old. I imagine one of the first things she did was fill in her side of the family tree and ask Daddy to complete his side.

This simple family tree completed in my parents' handwriting is a priceless treasure.


© 2011 Denise Spurlock

1 comment:

  1. I don't think my baby book got past the second year, if that far, but my mother did fill out the family tree and I too treasure that.

    ReplyDelete