Thursday, March 29, 2012

Now You See Them, Now You Don’t!

Today is Smoke and Mirrors Day and I want to honor those ancestors who have the strange habit of appearing in one place, disappearing and then re-appearing in an entirely different location, leaving few records to help me figure out what happened. Tracking down these ancestors is how I become a better genealogist!

I do not know who the Spurlock was whose entertainment is featured in the poster below, but he (or she) must be related to me and my elusive ancestors!



[I purchased this poster on Ebay several years ago. It actually measures about 10½ x 20 inches. I used my FlipPal mobile scanner to scan it; it took 15 scans to get the entire image. Then I used the stitching software that came with the scanner to put it all back together. A little cleaning up of the edges in a photo editing software, and PRESTO – JUST LIKE MAGIC! – I had the image above to use for this blog post. Note: I am a FlipPal Mobile Scanner affiliate, so if you click on the links on my blog to go to their website and subsequently purchase anything, I will receive a small commission.]



 © 2012 Denise Spurlock

No comments:

Post a Comment