Sunday, July 29, 2012

2012 Genealympics - Event 2 - Ancestors' Challenge


On July 28th, Randy Seaver of Genea-Musings announced the opening of the 2012 SNGF (Saturday Night Genealogy Fun) Genealympics; see his post here for more info on this fun way to share the results of your genealogical research. 

The Flag of Me

My second event is the ancestors’ challenge that Randy described as follows:
Pick one of your ancestral surnames, or one of your spouse's ancestral surnames. How many generations back from the last person with that surname in your ancestry have you researched, identified and accept as your ancestor?  [Note:  if you are doing your own surname, don't count yourself).

Medal Awards:

*  Bronze:  at least 4 generations
*  Silver:  at least 6 generations
*  Gold: at least 8 generations
*  Diamond:  at least 10 generations
*  Platinum:  at least 12 generations

Because I used one of my paternal lines for the descendants’ challenge, I decided to use one of my maternal ancestral surnames for this one. I chose YAWMAN, my mother’s maiden name. My mom’s ancestral line is as follows:

Beaulah Belle Yawman, daughter of
William Lea Yawman, son of
Michael Heman Yawman, son of
Andrew Yawman, son of
Philip Jamann, son of
Jacques Jamann.


That’s FIVE generations back from my mom!
A BRONZE medal!


© 2012 Denise Spurlock

No comments:

Post a Comment