Saturday, August 4, 2012

2012 Genealympics – Event 4 – Source Citation Vault


Randy Seaver of Genea-Musings has posted additional events for the 2012 Genealympics here. I want to thank Randy for coming up with fun ways to look at what we are doing in genealogy.

Next event for me:  The Source Citation Vault: What is your ratio of source citations to persons in your genealogy software or online tree database? Tell us:
  • How many persons are in your database?
  • How many source citations are in your database?
  • Determine your source citation to persons ratio by dividing source citations by persons (e.g., 2,000 source citations divided by 3,000 persons gives a ratio of 0.667.)
Medal Awards:
  • Bronze: Ratio of 0.333 or more
  • Silver: Ratio of 0.667 or more
  • Gold: Ratio of 1.000 or more
  • Diamond: Ratio of 1.333 or more
  • Platinum: Ratio of 1.667 or more 

I currently have
  • 10,255 individuals and 
  • 10,198 source citations, resulting in a 
  • ratio of 0.994.


SILVER MEDAL!

I was not really surprised to find that I have more individuals in my database than source citations. Like many others, I didn’t realize the importance of citations when I first started my research so I have lots of work to do before the 2016 Genealympics!

The Flag of Me




© 2012 Denise Spurlock

No comments:

Post a Comment