Event 7: Genealogy Book Collection
From the list of 15 books Randy posted for this challenge, I have the following:
- Professional Genealogy, edited by Elizabeth Shown Mills
- Evidence! Explained by Elizabeth Shown Mills (print and PDF editions)
- The Source: A Guidebook to American Genealogy, any edition
- Researcher's Guide to American Genealogy, by Val Greenwood
- BCG Genealogical Standards Manual
Event 8: Go Back and Cite Your Sources!
For some time, I’ve been using different techniques to go back and find events that have no source citations. For this challenge, I ran a report in my genealogy software to show all direct-line ancestors that were missing source citations for any one of the following facts: name, birth, death, or marriage.
Using that report, I was able to write proper source citations for 134 events!
WOO HOO! PLATINUM MEDAL!
Event 9: Write, Write, Write!
I completed two parts of this challenge:
- Prepare several posts in draft mode (if possible with your blog platform) and pre-publish.
- Write a brief biographical sketch on one of your ancestors.
I completed three areas of this challenge:
- Comment on a new (to you) genea-blog.
- Participate in an indexing project.
- Join a genealogical, historical, heritage or lineage society.
And my final MEDAL COUNT
for the 2012 GENEALYMPICS!
Bronze – 2
Silver – 4
Gold – 3
Platinum – 1
|The Flag of Me|
© 2012 Denise Spurlock