Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Advent Calendar - December 5 - Outdoor Decorations


The Advent Calendar of Christmas Memories (ACCM) gives you an opportunity to write about and share your family’s holiday history 24 different ways during 24 days in December! Learn more at http://adventcalendar.geneabloggers.com. This post was originally published in 2011.

My family never had outside decorations for Christmas, except perhaps a wreath or other decoration on the front door.

But the sight of Christmas lights brings out the kid in me! I love going to see the neighborhoods where families go all out with the outdoor decorations. Here's a video of a home in Fountain Valley, California, with the light show set to some of my favorite holiday music. Enjoy!




© 2012 Denise Spurlock

2 comments:

  1. A neighborhood near us has one cul-de-sac where all the families (but one) go all out, but they can't hold an LED candle to this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wendy, I've never seen one of these over-the-top houses in person but I love to visit the little neighborhoods where everyone decorates for the holidays - we call them the "Christmas Tree Lanes."

      ~Denise

      Delete