Monday, April 2, 2012

You may have heard...


the 1940 US Census was released this morning!
Woo hoo!

Because there is no name index, only images, I am restricting my searches to the following family members:
  • Great-grandfather John F. Spurlock (Jonesboro, Jackson Parish, LA, probably in Enumeration District (ED) 25-5)
  • Grandfather Jasper J. Spurlock (Los Angeles, Los Angeles County, CA, probably in ED 60-999)
  • Grandmother Mamie Spurlock (Houston, Harris County, TX, probably in ED 258-37 or 258-38)
  • Grandparents William and Myrtle Yawman (El Monte, Los Angeles County, CA, probably ED 19-387)
  • Father Jasper J. Spurlock (likely enumerated with Mamie Spurlock)
  • Mother Beaulah Sherrell (El Monte, Los Angeles County, CA, probably ED 19-156)

What will be really exciting is to see my three oldest siblings enumerated on the census—Jane, Deanna and Arny!

EVERYONE is looking for their ancestors and the sites that have the images are struggling to keep up with the demand. The only images I’ve been able to see have been for Delaware; here’s what the census pages look like:




I’ll keep you posted on my progress!




© 2012 Denise Spurlock

No comments:

Post a Comment